The Lincoln Plawg - the blog with footnotes

Politics and law from a British perspective (hence Politics LAW BloG): ''People who like this sort of thing...'' as the Great Man said

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Monday, January 17, 2005
 

NPR well rid of Smiley, it seems


I've never sampled the radio stylings of Tavis Smiley; but, to judge from this report of his contract battles with NPR, I don't think I'd have lingered long:
What NPR is apparently upset about is not that I would not negotiate, but that I wouldn't acquiesce. I do not do my best work in chains and shackles. For black kids and brown kids yet unborn, I felt I had to say no. They were being disrespectful.

Sounds like that race card has had quite a bit of use...


|
free website counter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com